Creating Your Story Line
Your assignment is to create a 1 – 2 A4 page over-arching story, that captures the main story line of your book.
Use the STORY document (downloadable below) to craft your story line.
The purpose of The STORY document is many as follows:
- To give you an overall plan / story for your book
- If someone was to ask you about your book , this is what you would tell them.
- A clear vision of where your book is starting, going and finishing.
- It will help editors get a feel for your intentions
- It will serve as a great framework to help you map out your chapters in alignment with the full story.
- We will use it in later sessions to go deeper with your writing.
- It is a great future document for your authors synopsis and book cover extracts
THE STORY CHECKLISTS
Feel free to review the various checklists within the story template however you should not concern yourself with them at this stage as they will be the subject content of future group sessions.